Catalyst and EGR Not Ready Status on '03 Cobra

SupaPimp

Established Member
I am running out of options and need some help. I can't get the Catalyst and EGR monitors to read ready status. I have deleted my EGR system so I understand why it does not show ready. The catalyst not ready has me baffled. I had my tuner turn my rear 02 sensors back on and my cats are back on my car. Does having the EGR turned off and deleted cause the catalyst not to reset? I have done the Ford drive cycle several times and I have no trouble codes. Do I just need to put more miles on the car? Are there some parameters that I need to tweak in my tune? It is tuned with SCT software.

TIA,

SP

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you getting the P1000 code? I have my EGR turned off and I'm not getting any codes.

harvboi05

Established Member
those monitors will never go ready if theyre disabled in the tune.

SupaPimp

Established Member
The egr is the only thing turned off. I have been reading something about needing to have the adaptive learning turned off. Does anyone know about this?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The adaptive has nothing to do with the EGR function. The adaptive is so the computer can learn to adjust the fuel trims closer to lambda.

SupaPimp

Established Member
I know the egr is never going to read ready b/c it is deleted. What could be causing the catalyst to read not ready with no codes?

Ruslow

Established Member
There is a sequence to the ecc monitors.and i think that the EGR is before the cats.IF so you will never get a cat ready since the eec can not get past the EGR monitor status.Stan

Ruslow

Established Member
I am pretty sure that even when you 'turn' the EGR off all you are really doing is turning the code off.All the eec monitors are 'layered' in to the programming so you would need to dig to get all of the egr stuff out.ie.just like the viruses on computer now.After that is done then the eec will just go directly to the cat monitor status.since it no longer remembers or can find ANYTHING EGR.Stan

ps. I know using SCT I can tune the egr 'off' but if you keep looking there are tables for spark adder and fuel multiplier as well as many other items that the computer uses to work WITH EGR for emissions and driveablity.And the eec still sees those.even thou they are not used in the calcs now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread