cat removal

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
anyone know of any problems with the sensors (or the car performance) before and after the cats if i remove the cats on my 00r?

Kevin,

I don't believe your EEC-V processor will like that. Others will chime in with more info but I believe you either run MIL eliminators or re-program the computer to ignore the lack back sensors.

Tom

steve121

Established Member
I went from high flow cats (with tune) to an off-road pipe with no cats and didn't have any problems. I even attended a 2 day track event at WGI before I was able to get back on the dyno. I'm not sure if you'll see an issue going from a stock pipe to no cats but I did the same thing on a 2003 Cobra I owned without a problem.

JoeJ

Established Member
Kevin, I have run without cats and mufflers on my R with no problems except it is too loud and fire comes out of the exhaust when I lift to brake. I am now running with cats and no mufflers. Of course I never drive the car on the street as it is just a track car.

Bill Anderson

Established Member
weird...none of you have had to turn off the rear 02's? I guess the pcm's in these cars are alot more forgiving....:)

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I would definitely suggest removing the cat! :banana::D

funny-pictures-driving-cat-hits-dog.jpg

Bill Anderson

Established Member
I have to have them where I am...no cat, no emissions sticker, however, I have made up some "test pipes" and will get another tune made without the cats, probably only good for about 8hp or so, since I am using the magnaflow cats...

kevin

Kevin, I have run without cats and mufflers on my R with no problems except it is too loud and fire comes out of the exhaust when I lift to brake. I am now running with cats and no mufflers. Of course I never drive the car on the street as it is just a track car.

if i run this way then there should be no issue with the sensors (puter) at all since they are before the x-pipe, should shave off a whole lot of weight, and eliminate the heat issue on the irs support.

Users who are viewing this thread