Cat & mouse with an '03 Cobra today.

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
I'm only posting this 'cause it was my first run-in with an '03 Cobra on the highway (can you believe it's taken me this long to do so?).....

I get on the highway and traffic is thick. I normally carve my way through traffic (not ricer style), but I do slip through traffic, as I'm sure most of us do. In the process, I pass a white LS1 Formula, who files in behind me and paces me while we both slip past traffic. He's tagging along very close, so I figure I'll punch it when a clearing comes up. Well, a clearing comes, and it's a 60 punch to about 110. I easily pull away and shut down as we approach the next wolfpack (very quickly I might add). I slow down, pull next to the guy, thumbs up all round.

10 seconds later (he must have seen us come up), in the left lane of the wolfpack, I spotted it, finally, the word "Cobra" on the bumper of the car in front of me.
No chance for a clean run due to dense traffic, put we did get one 80punch jab till about 110. We were in the same lane, he gave it a go while in front of me, I gained just slowly and inched up to him, but it was in no way a clean chance for us to compare our rides.
We continued the cat & mouse for a few miles while passing a yellow, appearance modded (hood/ground effects '97 GT), and final gen. Supra (maybe non-turbo)- neither wanted a piece of us.
Traffic got pea-soup thick, so that was all. We didn't get a chance to run side by side.

Anyhow, it was thumbs up all around. :coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread