Cat delets and H Pipe

rmurer

Established Member
So a year or two ago i bought a JBA H pipe and cat deletes before doing any research in their fitment problem.

Ever since though I considered it an exhaust leak but really non can be found.

Does anyone with an O/R h pipe experience loud and from what i was told from a mustang shop "turbulent" air passing through the pipes? Its only heard really in the lower RPM range.

I know my description of what I am hearing is a bit odd but it sounds like an exhaust leak, with no exhaust leak that i can find.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I had this issue with Cat-Deletes on the stock H-pipe. If they are not welded, they are bound to leak a bit which would generate the sound you're referring to.

Best bet, get an O/R Mid-pipe and sell off the cat-deletes unless you decide to have them welded.

rmurer

Established Member
I had this issue with Cat-Deletes on the stock H-pipe. If they are not welded, they are bound to leak a bit which would generate the sound you're referring to.

Best bet, get an O/R Mid-pipe and sell off the cat-deletes unless you decide to have them welded.

thanks for the answer :)

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I bet it's not a leak if you can't find out. I was going to have a set of deletes put on and a guy on YouTube said he hated his b/c it made the exact sound you are referring to. He said it sounded like a "rattle" but it was pulses in the exhaust. He deleted his resonators too which he had welded back in and said it stopped 90% of that noise but it was still present to some extent.

Vert

Established Member
I had it with my pypes o/r h pipe and what sucks is when you have a leak and get it fixed it becomes psychological.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I bought a set of stock cats and knocked the guts out. I then installed them as my cat deletes (we have emissions and the inspectors can be real douchebags.....and I'm not willing to keep changing my exhaust) I hear that same kinda noise, but I wrote it off as the large void where the cat guts used to be. But, for $50 you can't beat the price and power increase

Users who are viewing this thread