Cat-Deletes

97t-bird

Established Member
Ok.....I am giving in and getting a tune for my '12 GT...I may go catless while I am at it. I currently have a Borla Atak catback. How hard is it to install the cat delete pipes without a lift? I am only going with the delete pipes as I want to keep the Borla system as a whole. I also briefly chatted with the emissions testing guy as long as the computer test passes they don't fuss too much, I am in MD btw. Thanks

mantis118

Established Member
Cat deletes are easy but your ataks will be rediculously loud after. I sold my ataks because of that and now have gt500s.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Cat deletes are easy but your ataks will be rediculously loud after. I sold my ataks because of that and now have gt500s.

gt500s were ridiculously loud for me. race car anything above 2500 rpm. went back to stock ab's.

hand-filer

Established Member
gt500s were ridiculously loud for me. race car anything above 2500 rpm. went back to stock ab's.

:??: I just installed my cat deletes this morning and they compliment the sound of the GT 500's. Not too loud at all. More like an angry symphony.
My hearing is decent but not supersonic.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member

LOL...if you think those are loud...just LOL...

my O/R H with Borla S-Types are far louder than those have any hope to be, and my Borla are still quieter than the Roush A/B with an O/R X I ran months ago.

as for the smell, depending on how rich the tuner runs the car, it just smells like a lawnmower. Some months will smell more than others. I would say hot and humid days makes the smell far worse than cold days.

On colds days, 40F and below the pipes will just blow grey smoke out the back non stop.

Users who are viewing this thread