Cat Delete and FUMES???

strats03svt

GOT FAST?
Established Member
Are the fumes bad with cat deletes?I searched and didn't find the answer I was looking for.
Also can the cammed tune be run with cats on?

mhyjek

Established Member
Are the fumes bad with cat deletes?I searched and didn't find the answer I was looking for.
Also can the cammed tune be run with cats on?
What answer are you looking for?
Yes steeda did a cam tune for me with cats that was pretty decent. I had cat deletes and it made my exhaust sound like crap plus increased fumes whereas my wife asked me if I spilled gas on myself. But I didnt think it wasn't that bad lol..

03lowram

Established Member
I don't run cats and the fumes aren't bad at all. You can smell it.. But it's no horrible.

Just carry an extra bottle of cologne in your car. Lol

Last edited:

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Removing cats from any car, yeah, you will get gas fumes... Some cars I feel are worse than others, but yes, you will get them one way or the other. Gotta pay to play!

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
It's worth it to look your kids in the eye and tell them you're running catless.

mhyjek

Established Member
I don't run cats and the fumes aren't bad at all. You can smell it.. But it's no horrible.

Just carry an extra bottle of cologne in your car. Lol
if this the answer you are looking for you are good.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
If you bitch about the fumes, your a sissy. They are not bad provided your not sitting in the garage with the car running. I cant even smell mine at a light or in a parking lot.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
i never really noticed the fumes till today. i let the car run while i got gas, the wife was cold and wanted to run the heater.
i cought the fumes in my face pretty good.
ive had my catless x pipe and tune all last summer. cruising with the windows down and really couldnt notice a fume issue.

4VFTW

Established Member
there are some fumes sure , but once you've driven a pushrod motor with around [email protected] and a bunch of overlap through dumped mufflers the fumes from a coyote smell like your Mom cooking bacon on Sunday morning....mmmmmm!

CobraHuck

Established Member
Exhaust is one of the best smells in the world! I just put my ORX on Friday night and I love it! Fumes aren't so bad that I smell them at a light or anything, but they're there. Just smells like an old car

scott_0

Established Member
I had cat deletes for about a month before tiring of the stinky fumes, I dealt with it for years on my old supercharged Fox Saleen, figured Id give it a try on the Coyote and lemme tell ya, these things seem to be really be dirty burning.......but I kind of think the winter blend gas has a lot to do with it

Laztug

Established Member
IMG_20120917_132459.jpg

Turn on the button to the right of ac and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread