Cat backs vs warrantee

01blkcovert

Established Member
As per my dealers' service dept. Even if I have them do the cat backs, if something goes wrong withe the car and they "determine" that it was in any way related to the change (even if they do it) the warrantee is void. Anyone else check this out at their dealerships?

Cobra'03

Established Member
That's standard operating procedure at all manufacturers, except for parts they design, sell, and install- they do not void the warranty, they just may not honor it for the problem the CB caused (which is zero). Many companies like Toyota's TRD sell parts that if installed by the dealer will not void anything.

Anyway, whatz the big deal? Ever had a car where it needed a new muffler? Did you buy the factory one, or did you go to Midas or Tuffy or Uncle Ed down the street? Same thing.

Last edited:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
the local Ford dealership here (Earhheardt Ford) is an official Bassani exhaust dealer. They order and install both the catbacks and the x-pipes for you and not void the warrenty. I was going to go through them but found a little less expensive deal elsewhere.

But if a Ford dealer installs cat-backs on a warrentied vehicle, then I don't know what the problem is at your dealer. Maybe you should give them Earheardts phone number so they can be set straight.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
That is ABSOLUTELY a bunch of BULLONEY! What a bunch of TYPICAL bottom-feeding CREEPS!

cobrablue

Established Member
its amazing to me how you can buy a saleen, steeda or roush mustang thats been modded to the balls and it will have a full factory warranty. yet you can buy those same components and have it done and they try to f--k you everytime. makes no sense to me other than the fact that money goes to money. :??:

Users who are viewing this thread