Cat-Back Removal ?

LaffnJack

Established Member
How do you get the stock clamps off? I have been yanking on the bolts and I cannot get them to break free. So I ask the mechanic when I am getting my oil changed and he states that the clamps have crimped the pipes together and I am better off taking it to a muffler shop and having them install my cat-back. Is this really the best idea?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

PensiveParoxysm

Established Member
Taking it to the muffler shop will make it alot easier however you can get it off yourself.
You can yank on it all day and you prob won't get very far. The way you will get it off fairly easy it to heat it up with a tourch; but if you don't have one you can cut slits in the over laping pipe then pry them out a little bit, just don't get carried away if you do it this way.
~Kevin

Last edited:

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
When i removed mine i used WD 40, and alot of wiggling around, i used some rubber hammers as well. It took about 1 hour...

03stx

Established Member
i used a ratchet strap and looped it around the muffler and my hitch and just started ratcheting down until the muffler broke free. took me about 10 minutes.

]sVt[Po|son

Established Member
I gave up on mine and just end it up taking it to the muffler shop... you probbly got the MAC catback??...I paid 40 for them to put it on and weld it too.

Users who are viewing this thread