Cat-Back Exhaust

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Anyone on here have a cat-back exhaust system on your 93 Cobra? If so, what do you have and how does it fit? I want a kit that comes with the stainless steel tail pipes. I was replacing the shocks on mine last night and noticed that the part where my exhaust goes up over the rear axle is almost rusted in two. So I was thinking that a cat-back system would work well to replace the rusted pipe. I like my Flowmasters, but I am not sure of any way to fix the rusted pipe besides either a cat back system, or cutting out the rusted portion and replacing it with new pipe, but that would mean trying to bend a pipe like the stock one and then fitting it into the space. Anyway, tell me what you are running and how it fits and sounds on your 93 Cobra. Thanks!

93CobraSteve

Established Member
I have got a Bassani cat-back on mine. It fits like a glove. It also sounds like no other 5.0 with the long tubes and Dr.Gas x-pipe. It really sounds different because almost no one out here runs Bassani on their cars.
Stephen

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra0393
I run Mac longtubes, mac h-pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, and mac tailpipes. I really like how it sounds.

I have been thinking about just getting a set of Mac tailpipes, how did you connect the tailpipes to the existing pipes? Do they just slide over the old pipes and connect with a fastener or something?

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Originally posted by 93Cobra2771
2 chamber flows, MAC tailpipes. The tailpipes are flared and made to fit over the outlet of the mufflers...

What keeps them from slipping off? Some kind of fastener? When I order then, I want to make sure that I can put them on. Thanks!

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Most people will weld them. I used a SS screw threaded into a small hole I drilled through the muffler and the tailpipe. Easier to take off at home if I have to. :D

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Im running a Magnaflow catback and it sounds awesome. It is a perfect fit since it is completely adjustable, and the whole system is stainless steel, not just the tips!

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
You guys are cooler than me....off-road h-pipe, 2 chamber flows, BBK equal shorties and yessssssss....the stock tailpipes....My panhard bar is in the way to put a new set on unless I hack up the drivers side to fit it in.
Anyone just dumping at the rearend??? Dont you loose some torque by doing that?? What do you gain???

Sorry fellas ?????? boy is hi-jacking the thread....

:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread