Caster Camber plates?

01 Grey.T GT

Established Member
Well here is the deal, my wheels are getting more wear on the inside of the tire. So i look at the stock caster plates on my car and it looks like its as far as i can go without drilling new holes, i went to a place that does alighnments and they said they would have to drill holes and use the stock plates i have now for about $250. I was like, uh no. I mine as well get aftermarket caster camber plates right? Any information is appreciated, and also good pricing for them. I dont have coil overs and dont plan onto for a long time so nothing too expensive.

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
I'm guessing you car is lowered. A drop of more than 1.5 inches usually will require the use of c/c plates. maximum motor sports runs about 250 and seems to be a favorite. by installing these you will be able to get the front aligned properly. Stock only allows adjustmen in one direction and your still limited. Plates are easy to put on and then require an alignment.
I've going to lower my as well and have been doing MUCH research.

Perhaps someonwe with can chime in

coolguy10786

Established Member
I got mine from stangsuspension.com. They have good prices on MM as well. The SS plates aren't bad and are of good quality, but i thought the directions sucked. Had to call them more than once, but they were able to help. There about 40$ cheaper than the MM which i think were like 180 or so.

Ol Dog

Established Member
I put the Steeda four bolt CC plates on my '98 coupe and it has saved me from having to buy a new set of tires ever 10-12K miles.

I told the mechanic doing the alignment to set the caster and camber to reduce tire wear. They've worked great! Best $250 I've spent on an upgrade.

Prior to the CC plates, I went through two sets of tires in about twenty months, at $700-800 a set. My tires wore out on the outside edge when mounted on the front.

Ol Dog (63-83 USMC)

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
You guys know there's a $30 option to get more camber, right? If somebody can name it, they get a big high-five.

coolguy10786

Established Member
chamber bolts
I think that would be all you need for a lowered car.

Last edited:

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
OK, so let me ask the question that everyone who hasn't lowered their car yet is thinking.... if i go with a eibach prokit lowering it say 1 1/4 will i have suspension issues and need c/c plates or camber bolts????

Users who are viewing this thread