Cars & Karts

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
I don't know if there is enough interest to do this. It is hard to tell from the posts who all is on for the 29th. I count only 4 to 5. Don't we need a minimum of 6 or 8 to do the enduro race?? Maybe we can just go with a regular adult race or bag it.

Last edited:

Tylerb59

Established Member
I'm pretty much a definite. +1

I would like to make sure everyone understands even after a 10-15 minute run your arms are freakin' worn out. The key really is to NOT grip the steering wheel and tense up but even those who are in great shape get worn out.

With that said, if you're expecting to do 30+ minute endurance race you better be prepared. I'm not sure what the protocol for people dropping out of the race is but I'm almost willing to bet money there will be at least one person who loses function of their arms and hello wall. haha.

Cliff notes:

Stretch. Stretch good.

Venomous04

Established Member
Tyler is right, this is some serious shit! I was sore for days after just 15 mins last time :)

If there are enough people we might be able to do say 2 15 minute races or something.

Marc.

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
What about a qualifying heat (15 mins)with the top 4 (??)racers in a final (15 min)

Or a everyone 15 min run followed by a grudge match?

Tylerb59

Established Member
Technically they're tough to race wheel to wheel with. They spread out the field from the start and you're racing for the best hot lap / average on the sheet. It doesn't take long for some to be lapped or held up by traffic though.

As you cross the S/F line there is a readerboard displaying the best times which can deliver some encouragement if you're not in first place.

It's really about bragging rights more then physical track position. Overall it's too tight quarters to go 2-3 wide through most of the turns but there are some really great corners if you have the momentum to slingshot by with.

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
I agree, let's do a 15 minute race and go from there. I would hate to have any of you wussies sore the next day, me included. ;) Then we still have money/time to go get a burger or something.

So, it looks like we have Tyler, Will, Marc, Chris (Shadowfist), Mark (Big Huge), Anthony and I. Others haven't chimed in for a week or so, did I miss anyone?

Last edited:

Stewie 03

Established Member
Put me down too. I'll check to make sure the day is free but I should be good to go. Sounds like fun. What time sounds good?

Stewie 03

Established Member
How about 5:00 PM at Traxx? The first soapbox race starts at 1:00 PM and the last one starts at ~ 3:15 PM. That means everyone who is going to the soapbox races would need to head north by about 4:15 PM to make it to carts by 5:00 PM.

Venomous04

Established Member
Ok here's the deal. We need to make reservations to ensure that it's just us on the track. To book a reservation we need at least 8 people and a credit card (more on that later).

Cost:
  • 1/2 hour of racing (3 x 10 minute races) is 46.65 each after tax EACH.
  • 20 minutes of racing (2 x 10 minute races) is 32.30 each after tax EACH.

If we book for the 20 minutes, those of us who wants to do another race can for about 10$ more and we'll still have the track to ourselves. So I suggest we book for 8 people for the 2x10 minute races and those who want to can do another 10 minute race.

Times available are 5:00pm & 6:00pm this Sat for reservations.

I'll update the list here with those who are confirmed for Sat. If you say you’re in then you are in! In other words if I have to pay for you backing out then you owe me capish! I'm going to be putting this on my credit card for the reservation so please reply if you will for sure be joining us.

CONFIRMED LIST:
------------------------------------------------
  1. Marc (Venomous04)
  2. Tyler (Tylerb59)
  3. Lisa (Tylerb59's better half)
  4. ShadowFist
  5. Jeremy (03CobraVertGrey)
  6. Stewie 03 (Josh)
  7. Open
  8. Open

Last edited:

saleen09

Established Member
Stewie 03 said:
I'm definitely in. My name's Josh. Jeremy can vouch for me.

Like that does you any good on this board. Most of us have met Jeremy...:p

SSOO, my misses got called into the hospital for a triple shift covering Fri/Sat night. DOH!. Good news, I get my little girl for two straight days to myself. Bad news is I called Traxx and they don't have any twin carts or otherwise so Shelby can ride with me. Sucks as I know she would have loved it.

I'll be there, just won't be racing. Looks like my heavyweight belt is up for grabs.... :(

Venomous04

Established Member
saleen09 said:
Like that does you any good on this board. Most of us have met Jeremy...:p

SSOO, my misses got called into the hospital for a triple shift covering Fri/Sat night. DOH!. Good news, I get my little girl for two straight days to myself. Bad news is I called Traxx and they don't have any twin carts or otherwise so Shelby can ride with me. Sucks as I know she would have loved it.

I'll be there, just won't be racing. Looks like my heavyweight belt is up for grabs.... :(

I'm sure we could work something out where one of us watches the kiddo while you do a single 10 minute race or something.

Marc.

saleen09

Established Member
Marc, it's cool. I am sure she'll have a blast watching Lisa cruise around the track...... Easier to talk smack from the side lines anyways....

Users who are viewing this thread