Cars in for service, now im worried

silverbullittgt

The DEep SoUth
Established Member
You guys are idots. The story is complete and true. The car got its shocks fixed under warranty because according to the law they have to prove that the modification caused the problem. Last time I checked shocks with rubber bump stops installed on them from the factory did not fail because of a lower initial resting position.

If Ford customer service does not have the authority to over ride the service manager then how where they able to over ride the service manager?

Let me guess, you work at a dealer? I also am a total dick to the people who try to sell me the car when they lie to me also. I guess that I should just roll over and be nice to everyone because they have a living to make even when they are attempting to take advantage of me.

If they have got cars lined up for service work that are not under warranty, then they make more money working on those. If they work on the car with a "voided warranty" then they make more money on the service then they do under warranty. If 9 times out of 10 the customer just takes their word for it and rolls over when they say that the repair is not covered, then they make more money.

Since when does the words honest and car dealer belong in the same sentence? Have fun living in la la land where everyone is honest.

If you were honest then you would take resposibility for modifying your car in a way that directly damaged your shocks, it doesnt take much common sense to realize the additional force put on the shocks by lowerin the vehicle. Ford replaced the shocks because you bitched enough, not because they were factory defects, have fun living in lala land

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
ok so 2 weeks ago i installed my maximum motorsport lower control arms on my 2011 gt. i also installed my panhard bar. i took my car to auto club speedway last weekend and the car ran fine. i did notice a clunking that sounded like it was coming from the drive shaft. so this morning i went to look to see what the noise could be and noticed fluid all over the right underside of the diff and axle and everything. the car was covered with this fluid, everything before the diff had no fluid on it. i took the car to ford and they said that the warranty might be voided cause i installed the lower control arms. so i called maximum motorsports and explained to them what i was hearing. they said the clunking could be the lashing being to loose on the gears. they also said that installing lower contrl arms should never void the warranty. im am kind of woreied now because my car has 2000 miles on it and now this. can anyone please help me with any info that will help me. so far everyone i have talked to except the ford dealer said my warranty should not be effected. i would appreciate any help please!

Your Diff Fluid heated up on the track and peed from the vent which is on the Passenger Side Axle Tube.

There is a TSB out for a new vent piece. But if you plan to keep tracking the car, this is the best solution:

8R3V-4022-KR-2T.jpg

Shelby GT500KR Axle Reservoir

You should be fine with the Warranty :beer:

metaman

Established Member
If you were honest then you would take resposibility for modifying your car in a way that directly damaged your shocks, it doesnt take much common sense to realize the additional force put on the shocks by lowerin the vehicle. Ford replaced the shocks because you bitched enough, not because they were factory defects, have fun living in lala land

I got my car fixed and got a brand new set of Bilstiens installed on the front of it because I paid 1560.00 for a Ford extended warranty. The complaining is what is commonly referred to as standing up for consumer rights. You are a tool.

Users who are viewing this thread