Cars Designed by Congress

homel01

Established Member
This is bullshIT It simply does not make sound either. In a F.k up economy you might not sell 1000 GT500 but in a good one you will sell 6 times that. Once US Gov. make car companies Gay, and the economy gets better, people will want to buy toys again. But US will not have the expertise for it anymore (besides Ford which is not on Gov. Cash). So Japan, China Europe will fill that gap.
Either way that is not sound because you take the example of Lamborghini and Audi.
Lambo develops a kick ass engine, and spends tons of $ on Research and Development, which lambo owners gladly pay. After a while this technology passes to Audi.

I don't get it.. making 4000 lbs cars with 10 catalytic converters and 4 cyl engine and 9 airbags....:fm::fm:

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Government officials "claim" they don't wanna be "in the car business" but they will have no problem doing so with mandates. Does anyone actually believe that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid won't keep their hand out of the pie? It's been my observation they are incapable of not doing so and will meddle in every business they can legislate out of existence. The $26 billion aftermarket car industry will be adversely affected by all this as well meaning even more jobs lost.

I have no problem driving more fuel efficient cars and Detroit has done an admirable job heading in that direction but I don't want our politicians dictating how we get there.

This new administration is doing nothing to inspire my confidence in the economy. Much damage will be done in the next 4 years :nonono:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
GM did it to them self. the made the same car in like 4 different brands. they didn't manage there business right. the economy just made it 10 times worse. its sad to see, but they should of cut loose some on there cars alwhile ago that weren't selling.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
I have no problem driving more fuel efficient cars and Detroit has done an admirable job heading in that direction but I don't want our politicians dictating how we get there.

This new administration is doing nothing to inspire my confidence in the economy. Much damage will be done in the next 4 years :nonono:

We've done it to ourselves. We have sat on our butts and allowed the greenie, liberal, minority political activists to elect a very lopsided Congress and to top it off we have a Dem in the WH.

Tax and spend our hard-earned $$. Big $$ drives the country and offers employment to private citizens. But the big $$ is going to be sucked out and _handed_ to the politicians to spend.

And as you said... they are now in the "business" of purchasing at least 2 of the US's auto manufacturers. The new administration stinks.

Hold onto your hot-rods as long as you can, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread