CARS BUSTED, POSSIBLY EXAUST AND NOT CLUTCH??

matt lankford

all is sold
the more i drive the car the more i rhink i have a exaust leak. everything under the car is stock and i havent gotten a ses light for one but it sounds ALOT like a loose manifold or something and not a slipping clutch, in fact i think the clutch is fine, its still grabbing great. it has made a popping sound that i havent heard as the rpms drop as well. anyone had anything like this?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Someone here that installed an X or H pipe said that they found that one of the bolts to the manifold was loose when they removed the pipe. Could be your problem too.
Dana

matt lankford

all is sold
Originally posted by chassebr
Sounds like #7 and #8 pistons are letting loose.

WHAT?!?!? how in the hell can that be? i dont think it is, boy will i be pissed. i have 50 miles on it since it started and the guages havent done anything weird yet, hoping its only a leak

matt lankford

all is sold
figured it out, it is a exaust leak, blew the manifold gasket on the drivers side of the car. rick at amazon said the cats were probably plugged due to it running rich, which makes perfect sense because i was the jack ass that drove 5 miles with the MAF disconnected and used a 1/4 tank of gas.

Users who are viewing this thread