Carnage!!

epracmetcon

Established Member
2yvnrki.jpg

Less then a year old king cobra. JUNK!!

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
I blew my first clutch from d and d in 2 weeks! We took the car down into the city of Chicago for some stop and go driving, put about 450 miles total on the car before I started givin it some more, and BOOOOMM! There was no organic material left on my clutch disc!

epracmetcon

Established Member
97cobraheaven said:
a clutch is something no one should skimp on, pay the price for a good one. that is pretty wicked awesome though!

I figured a king cobra would be enough for a car with just an x-pipe and flows....lol

jzepp

Established Member
damn that sucks.......so what is a good clutch for a DD that i dont have to worry about destroying?

jzepp

Established Member
How come the stock clutch seems to withstand alot of abuse and a King Cobra which is suppose to be better, cant? I thought the stock clutches were pretty shitty.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
That's funny what you said about the stock clutch. I pulled this stock one out at about 70k miles when my pressure plate took a dump. Looks really good in my opinion. And as far as I can gather the car was probably driven pretty hard at times before it came into my ownership...

clutch.jpg

My car has a King Cobra in it now. Has about 9k miles on it. No problems yet...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
that's why i always recommend a spec stage 2. I had one in my car for two years and it was fine when i pulled it out. Worn down, yes, but that is to be expected.

For reference - the spec stage 2 i had was rated for 520ft/lbs at the flywheel. My car was making 540ft/lbs at the tire on the juice ;) so it was seeing close to 600 at the flywheel. Never gave me problems unless i hot lapped it.

Users who are viewing this thread