Carnage pic

Spritle

Anti-EV
Established Member
A. Nobody said Ford should fix it.
B. You're next new car won't be any cheaper than if Ford had to fix 1000 of them. It will be more because the Execs want more money.

Last edited:

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by NBS4
Mail Order Tune = You deserve for your engine to blow up

Agreed. I bet 99.9% of the people who have had a custom tune never got it correct on the first try when the tuner was tuning the car. Why would anyone think the first try with a mail order will be fine.???? It's a no brainer!

I don't care how far away a tuner is. Don't mod the car if you can't get it tuned correctly.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Originally posted by NBS4
Mail Order Tune = You deserve for your engine to blow up
What do you do if you're stationed over seas and that's all you have?

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
What do you do if you're stationed over seas and that's all you have?

I recommend enjoying the car you have and do mods that don't require a retune if you don't have a local tuner. My $.02

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
I've decided to take the 2 hour drive to the nearest reputable tuner and let him dyno tune my truck. Its gonna cost more than a mail order chip or even a predator, but I agree that the only way to get the A/F mixture correct throughout the whole RPM range is by Dyno tuning ONLY. I've a had a few sportbikes that I got dyno tuned and they can acually SEE exactly whats going on with your A/F mixture to aleviate any "too lean" conditions. Doing it this way, on a mildly tuned engine of any kind, your as safe as you could possibly be. I just cant risk saving a few hundred bucks on a mail order chip for my $30,000 truck with 800 miles on it. The few extra $$$ is ALOT cheaper than a new shortblock!!

jeffsvt

Established Member
Originally posted by TheBeasst
Buy a ls1.

Trolls ......always nice to see :burn: .

And for the mail order chip there are alot of people who have had luck with them . And ofcourse there are some who have not . I don't see what the big deal is as long as you get your A/F checked .

Users who are viewing this thread