Carlsbad - 05/31/03 ???

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
I was, until I found out the "Thunder from Down Under" would be there!

J/K, Can't go, work committments are ferocious at this time.

Haven't seen you since Dyno Day in Camarillo! I was the first Sonic Blue Coupe up

Post your numbers after you get back from C-Bad. Run in the right lane, if you can. It's usually stickier than the left!

John

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
Yeah thanks for that!
No worries.
I havent been to the track for a while and I'll be close to the area so if its not too busy I'll see what I can do.

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
Well, I was there, there's really not much else to say.
60ft times were terrible, almost as bad as LACR on a friday night in winter!

I did see 2 other 03 cobras and I believe 1 one of them was in the 11s

stang99

Everyone should go to Carlsbad at least once to see the weeds growing in the cracks across the lanes and to experience the entire Carlsbad scene. Certainly different from any other strip that I have run. They say that you need slicks to get traction at Carlsbad. I certainly did not get good 60 foot times on F1's and I also encountered wheel hop. You didn't post any times...were they that bad?

Originally posted by Snakin 69
Well, I was there, there's really not much else to say.
60ft times were terrible, almost as bad as LACR on a friday night in winter!

I did see 2 other 03 cobras and I believe 1 one of them was in the 11s

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
plenty of spin and wheel hop put my 60ft times at the 2.3s and the best I could scramble up was a 13.1 at 110mph.
This is the first time I have run since the last time we all ran at LACR, so I'm probably a little short of practice but I have had much better 60ft times in the past. Just didnt get it happening today!

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakin 69
plenty of spin and wheel hop put my 60ft times at the 2.3s and the best I could scramble up was a 13.1 at 110mph.
This is the first time I have run since the last time we all ran at LACR, so I'm probably a little short of practice but I have had much better 60ft times in the past. Just didnt get it happening today!

I know your pain. I gave up trying to powershift, it just got wicked sideways and scared the bejeezus out of me.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Snakin69 you forgot to mention that you are in full street trim, right? just pulling in and lining up, I think thats pretty good.

46stang

Established Member
I was driving the blue 03 cobra, except when it raced the vette in that video. The best i did was a 12.13 @116mph, but my friend (McRat) got an 11.95 @113mph when he raced his wife in the vette! So i at least have an 11 sec. timeslip just took someone else to do it:beer: I know my car is capable now so i will get it someday!
That track sucks for stock street tires, you need at least drag radials, or better yet et streets/drags. none of the socal tracks prep for crap. It was kind of cool seeing my car go down the strip especially against a Z06 as quick as they have!
Leon

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Very cool Vid your car is very fast, what's the best you have gotten at Carlsbad and what kind of tires do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread