Carfax Vs Autocheck

Sage2k

Established Member
I got myself a month of Autocheck since it was cheaper, but how do you guys feel it compares to Car Fax?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
It doesn't collect from near as many reporting agencies as Carfax. Regardless neither of these mean shit if you don't know how to look a car over yourself for paint and bodywork. Neither is the end all/be all to tell if a car has been hit and fixed properly.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

Sage2k

Established Member
It doesn't collect from near as many reporting agencies as Carfax. Regardless neither of these mean shit if you don't know how to look a car over yourself for paint and bodywork. Neither is the end all/be all to tell if a car has been hit and fixed properly.

True, you are right. I am no expert in looking over cars, and the one I'm gonna buy is a little rough, but its 20 years old and less than 5k$. Mainly I just wanted to make sure title was clean.

Svt-Rich

V
Established Member
I've had better luck with Autocheck. I bought a car years ago that Carfax had as accident free and an accident came up on Autocheck. Same thing happened to a buddy recently when he went to trade his car in.

Tispho

Established Member
Neither of them are 100% accurate IMO. I've known people to report accidents to the police and to their insurance companies and have the damage repaired at a body shop and those reports never showed up on the Carfax.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Neither of them are 100% accurate IMO. I've known people to report accidents to the police and to their insurance companies and have the damage repaired at a body shop and those reports never showed up on the Carfax.

Happens all the time.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I like autocheck better. Maybe it's the layout not sure.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
They both have their pros/cons.

I was car shopping the past few weeks, some of the cars would have a clean autocheck, and several wrecks on the car fax. I didnt see any wrecks on an autocheck that were not on a carfax though.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
The only proble ive seen with auto check is sometimes they take dealers as owners. So carfax will show 2 owners and auto check will say 5 bc it was flipped from 3 dealers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread