Caregiver

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
God bless you! This is hard work and heartbreaking for sure. I'm going through this with my dad. I can't understand how kids can turn their backs on elderly parents. What you are doing for your mom is awesome!

tistan

Established Member
It's good that you get to spend the time with your mom. I tried to get my mom to move in with me and she refused to leave my leech of a sister behind. My sister uses my mom to raise her kids, and my mom is scared to death that if my sister actually had to provide for her kids, that she can't do it. So my mom misses out on the best of her senior years raising kids instead of doing the things she talked about.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I regularly pray that I will be able to help my Mother like this if the need ever arises.

I can't understand how kids can turn their backs on elderly parents.
I can, death and money have the tendency to show you who people really are. Even close family. Unfortunately that is what destroyed alot of relationships in my family after my Father passed, not everyone is aware of how my grandfather (Fathers side) attacked my Mother for a life insurance payout 2 days before the funeral nor believe it when I have to explain why some of us dropped him out of our life entirely.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I regularly pray that I will be able to help my Mother like this if the need ever arises.

I can, death and money have the tendency to show you who people really are. Even close family. Unfortunately that is what destroyed alot of relationships in my family after my Father passed, not everyone is aware of how my grandfather (Fathers side) attacked my Mother for a life insurance payout 2 days before the funeral nor believe it when I have to explain why some of us dropped him out of our life entirely.
Money can make people do crazy selfish things for sure. Just family ignoring parents who are still alive but need help on a daily basis for everything.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
God bless you sir. That's what it is all about. Keep up the great work. Sending prayers for you and your family, and for all that would want to do the same. Love to see people doing what's right.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Did this a couple years ago with the father-in-law. He had dementia as well. It was definitely a huge task but very rewarding at the same time. I am truly grateful we had that couple of crazy years with him. He and the wife had an estranged relationship for 10+ years, so I never knew him before helping take care of him. It was great to see them interact and get along and for her to have that closure.

After he passed it took a few months for us to find our new normal with so much taken off our plate so quickly.

Enjoy having her around. Enjoy those smiles and talks, but don’t forget to take care of yourself either.
My father in law passed two nights ago in the hospital, similar situation as we have been his caregivers for the past few years as his dementia and heart failure got worse. At the end, I was lifting him to and from the toilet and into bed every night. He died very peacefully in his sleep which was an outcome we all had prayed for.

C2tuck

Established Member
My father in law passed two nights ago in the hospital, similar situation as we have been his caregivers for the past few years as his dementia and heart failure got worse. At the end, I was lifting him to and from the toilet and into bed every night. He died very peacefully in his sleep which was an outcome we all had prayed for.

Wow, so sorry to hear this. Glad you got to take care of him for the time you did.

13BlackGT

Established Member
After 2 weeks of her being here it’s still working ok. The trailer is working out good and the smaller space and less stuff for her to mess with is definitely a good thing. She unplugs and fiddles with everything and moves it all around.

Users who are viewing this thread