Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Mets

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GodStang

Established Member
METS!!!

I think I am the only Mets fan in the south. My parents are from up there so I was raised likeing them

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
The Mets' pitching and line-up is hands down stronger than the Cards'. Its ridiculous how Pujols is keeping that team afloat. Now that Isringhausen is out, that team is a surprise to have beaten the Padres.....

I'd like the Mets to end up winning it all, but I think the Tigers' pitching is phenomenal.

wally9404

Established Member
as easily as they handled san diego i think the cards will win.mets have two of their starting pitchers out for this series.weaver is pitching game one for the cards. carpenter will pitch second game [ cy young winner in 05] and most likely will repeat this year. besides pujol, eckstein and edmonds we have spezio,duncan,and rolen . i think the cards win in six.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
I'd love to know how the Metros have the better pitching and lineup. 2 out of their top 3 pitchers are out for the year, and with everyone healthy, the Cards have a pretty solid lineup. Every heard of a guy named Albert? You know, the best player in the league? GO CARDS!!!

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Shiper said:
I'd love to know how the Metros have the better pitching and lineup. 2 out of their top 3 pitchers are out for the year, and with everyone healthy, the Cards have a pretty solid lineup. Every heard of a guy named Albert? You know, the best player in the league? GO CARDS!!!

Like I said... The ONLY guy keeping that team afloat... LaRussa even benched Edmonds cause he wasn't producing....

Carpenter is the ONLY reason they might win 1 game. Weaver...lol...he has one good game and everyone wants to blow him? LaRussa would yank him quick, and there is a reason his ERA is ridiculous.

Marquis...too unpredictable. What was his last game? Like 4 runs in the first inning?

Suppan is decent, but against Beltran, Delgado, Lo Duca, Wright, Reyes, Floyd......yikes.....

Don't get me wrong, the Cardinals have a good team with "decent" pitching, but their line-up shouldn't even hold a candle to the Mets' pitching... I'll take Glavine's post season history against Carpenter's shakey past few games...

With all that said... The Astros are gonna be back next year!!!

Orange Cobra

F the Cowboys!
Established Member
Shiper said:

Mets in five,the Cards stink.ooohhhh they manhandled the Nadres hahahahahaha.nothing to brag about there.

Every heard of a guy named Albert? You know, the best player in the league? Listen im a Mets fan an even i know Ryan Howard played way better than Albert,im not taking anything from Al,he is awesomebut you have to give credit where it is due.

wally9404

Established Member
cards

larussa pulled edmonds for a concussion not for non productivity. howard will probaly win mvp it all henges on what him and albert do in the nlcs.

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
Orange Cobra said:
Mets in five,the Cards stink.ooohhhh they manhandled the Nadres hahahahahaha.nothing to brag about there.

Every heard of a guy named Albert? You know, the best player in the league? Listen im a Mets fan an even i know Ryan Howard played way better than Albert,im not taking anything from Al,he is awesomebut you have to give credit where it is due.

HOWARD
-G-----AB----R-----H---2B---3B--HR---RBI---SB----BA---OBP----SLG
159---581---104--182---25---1--58---149----0----.313--.425---.659

PUJOLS
--G----AB---R------H---2B---3B--HR---RBI---SB----BA---OBP----SLG
143---535--119---177--33----1---49--137----7---.331--.431----.671

By looking at this years stats I would take Pujols easily...
Pujols missed like 20-30 games and if he didn’t, he would have easily led in every category of stats... Pujols has done this for the past 5 yrs not just this year unlike Howard. Everyone has a good year and this was Howards but still not better then Pujols..
YOUR NUTS:bash:

And why should Ryan Howard win the MVP, he couldnt even get in the playoffs??????
And Pujols alone got his team to the playoffs...

Last edited:

jspalmer01

Established Member
Orange Cobra said:

NLCS = Cards in 6. From Jersey and think St. Louis stinks...hummmm :lol:

I'm a huge Cards fan but I will tell you this....if either St. Louis or the Mets move on Detroit will still win the Series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread