Carbotech Bobcat pads

20psirabbit

Established Member
So on the recommendation of Mr. Jimmysidecarr, I picked up a set of these pads for my car. Got them on and I absolutely love them! I haven't washed my wheels in 3 weekends of driving, and they still look freshly washed :eek: I did the fronts one week and the rears the next. Before I swapped the rears, the rear wheels had gotten noticeably dustier than the fronts, that's how low dust these pads are. They also have a more positive pedal feel than the galfer fronts and stock rears I previously had.
I ordered directly from carbotech, they were a bit pricey at just under $300 shipped to me. For me, they were totally worth it for how low dust, quiet, and better feeling they are.
I just wanted to throw it out there for those looking for some pads that are more clean wheel friendly :) and a HUGE thanks to Jimmysidecarr for turning me on to these :beer:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am guessing they are a ceramic pad. For the $ I would have simply gone with EBC reds or Hawk ceramic pads. You would have gotten the same result and saved $100. Carbotech does make good pads, they just don't make the volume that some others do. A friend of mine uses them on the road course and loves the brand, I just can't deal with their price.

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
+1, I am the guy that uses Carbotech on the road course that wheelhopper is talking about. I use some 1521s on the back for the street and they are a great pad with almost no dust at all. Carbotech makes some really great stuff, only issue is the price but they due tend to last longer both on the street and at the track which helps offset a little of the cost.

I think he means $300 for both the front and rear which isn't that bad considering they will last a long time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread