carbon rotors for the gt500

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
so sadly the shelby sucks at life as far as braking goes.... i was looking for a decent set of "carbon" material rotors to help with the braking. im not looking to match the ZR1 or GTR brake kits but just looking for some serious bite when its needed.

i was looking at the EBC brand rotors...EBC High Carbon Blade Discs Products Index

i know they are pretty reputable and i also know a lot of people here dont care for a slotted,dimpled or drilled rotor but from experience i've never been dissapointed and i highly doubt they'll perform any worse than the stockers.

any one know where i can get these? any experience? or a similiar type of rotor?

thanks

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
You just need more aggressive pads, new fluid, as brake lines. Also stock braking is good enough for 99% of the driving you probably do.

If you want new rotors get a lightweight two piece setup, or a new big brake kit. Really though save your money until you need new rotors

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
the rotors, even if not the carbon material only go for about 300 bucks, shipped to my door. paired with the yellow or red pads im sure would make for a lot better combo than the just upgraded pads, fluids and lines.

and the price of a 6 piston kit i could opt for the 14" rears and very nice pads and rotors and the brake duct kit.

Users who are viewing this thread