Carbon fiber plenum

va boy

Established Member
Has anyone here tried the accufab TB with the carbon fiber plenum? I didn't see it anywhere in the search function. It's purley for looks, not better flow. Just considering it, thought it would flow nice with my JLT carbon fiber RAI. My only concern is would the ears be prone to cracking over time compared to the all metal plenum. Note, these are carbon fiber "look" only, it's not really made out of pure carbon fiber if that makes a difference.
Thanks for reading.

va boy

Established Member
I just figured out how to link, you beat me to it Fiveoh, thanks. I wondered if it might look kind of cheesy. My main concern was if the ears would suffer from fatique vs the all metal plenum ears. Carbon fiber is known for its strength, however this piece is NOT solid CB. Just considering a different look.

Last edited:

zacharyt1122

Established Member
I would do it. Accufab makes awesome products, and you will probably pick up a few horses going to a single blade TB if you still have your stocker. I do like the CF look and I'm curious to see how it looks with your CAI. Post pics if you get it :thumbsup:

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
It's just a water transfer film over the thing. Same thing used to put camo coating on rifles/shotguns. Kinda ricey.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I would do it. Accufab makes awesome products, and you will probably pick up a few horses going to a single blade TB if you still have your stocker. I do like the CF look and I'm curious to see how it looks with your CAI. Post pics if you get it :thumbsup:

Except for their throttle bodies which I've dubbed Accucrap along with their customer service.

black 10th vert

Established Member
It's just a water transfer film over the thing. Same thing used to put camo coating on rifles/shotguns. Kinda ricey.

^this! It will look "ok" by itself, but if you also plan to run real cf next to it, with the JLT intake, it will look like total crap, because it is just a printed on decal - not real cf.

Users who are viewing this thread