Carbon Fiber Hood Replacement Questions

vipboy28

Established Member
Hi all,

I need to replace my front hood due to bubbles now happening all over the top and on the back side of the hood and under the hood. So after looking at an unpainted OEM hood going for 1500, I started to look aftermarket and I think I settled on a Carbon Fiber GT500 replacement hood. Im new to carbon fiber pieces, any advice? Does carbon fiber scratch and dent easier? Any issues i should know about before going in with this purchase?

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/gt-st...010-2013-ford-mustang-gt500.html#!prettyPhoto

vipboy28

Established Member
Yeah quality and finish is what I care most about and how easy does it get damaged.

The Shelby 1000 Hood is the same hood, prepped the same way as our stock hood, the only difference is taht if can fit a massive blower under it. 2000$ is a lot of cash for a non painted hood. Budget is a factor but i would like to pay 2k the max all said and done.

I hear repainting or ordering another OEM hood will get bubbling as well. What do! Helps!

vipboy28

Established Member
I am not sure about your question, but at that price spend a few more and get the shelby 1000 hood :)

How does your car handle and what is ride quality like? We are both from NJ, and im looking to do a full BMR suspension upgrade, like what you have done.

c0rn_fed

Established Member
Yeah quality and finish is what I care most about and how easy does it get damaged.

The Shelby 1000 Hood is the same hood, prepped the same way as our stock hood, the only difference is taht if can fit a massive blower under it. 2000$ is a lot of cash for a non painted hood. Budget is a factor but i would like to pay 2k the max all said and done.

I hear repainting or ordering another OEM hood will get bubbling as well. What do! Helps!
You should look at a fiberglass hood for your car. Check out http://www.cervinis.com/ford-gt500-10-13-gt500-type4-ram-air-hood.html they make good hoods and you can get them painted from them with the stripes put on it already.

Your not that far from me, I live by paterson nj.

Users who are viewing this thread