Carbon Fiber Cobra R bumper

Solo500

Established Member
Just received it today. If the bodyshop isn't too busy, I'll be getting it installed tommorow. I'd do it myself but I'm not familiar with Carbon Fiber.

sany0086in1.jpg

Solo500

Established Member
Up until this week I never knew either. It's made by Carbon Creations. Paid a little over $400 with shipping.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
whats better about it than a regular bumper?

Im assuming your going to paint it so you wont even know if its carbon fiber by looking at it.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Doubt its that much weight savings...is it full carbon fiber or is it part fiberglass with CF laid over

Solo500

Established Member
Just for looks. It's light, it's completely carbon. I was just in the market for a Cobra R bumper and found this one on clearance and decided to buy it. I don't have any plans of painting it.

02SVTV6

Established Member
not bad looking...would be nice with a carbon hood and fenders...then all painted...to keep that weight off without showing

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I hate to burst your bubble, but have fun with that thing. You are going to scuff the hell out of it if you drive it every day. Avoid spped bumps if you can and always back into parking spots.

Solo500

Established Member
Thanks. I'm not too worried about it, I still have the stock springs. Whenever I do get new ones they'll be very mild, maybe Steeda.

I hate to burst your bubble, but have fun with that thing. You are going to scuff the hell out of it if you drive it every day. Avoid spped bumps if you can and always back into parking spots.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I guess that's cool and all... I'm not much of a fan of carbon fiber looks, it's cool that they're light and all... but you should definitely paint it.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Thanks. I'm not too worried about it, I still have the stock springs. Whenever I do get new ones they'll be very mild, maybe Steeda.

Just FYI, I have the Steeda springs and I drag the stock bumper on on parking curbs. If I had the 00R splitter, it would easily get crunched.

Solo500

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up, I dragged the bottom of the stock bumper without springs before. How bad do you think speedbumps would be with the Steeda springs and bumper?

Just FYI, I have the Steeda springs and I drag the stock bumper on on parking curbs. If I had the 00R splitter, it would easily get crunched.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Paint the whole thing except for the fog light bezels, the lip, and the area under the grill emblem. That would look sick.

Also, that bumper isn't going to install any different than the stock one. The fact that it's CF doesn't change the install.

Users who are viewing this thread