Side%20Skirt%20Splitter%20010_zpsynlphote.jpg

Side%20Skirt%20Splitter%20007_zpsayixyp3y.jpg

Side%20Skirt%20Splitters%20003_zpswutnccbe.jpg

Side%20Skirt%20Splitter%20006_zpsnno7ehh2.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont like those things on a 03/04....It doesnt flow with the car, looks like a pepboys add on....

You cant improve on the looks of an 03/04 (other than a drop and maybe wheels) IMO.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
huge fan of the splitters. i have the carbon fiber ones from carbon driven

I too, am very happy with them. A few of the local motorheads, that know my car, didn't notice them and thought I lowered the car again. When I pointed the splitter out to them, they said it looks like it belongs there.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Thinking about picking up a set. How much of a PITA was the install?

The first thing I did was wipe the splitter and the bottom of the side skirt with PRE from Eastwood. I polished the splitter that would be exposed with Zaino's Fuzion. I appled SEM Plastic Adhesion Promoter to the surfaces I cleaned previously and applied 1" wide, 3M double sided tape down the middle length of the splitter. You'll need two rolls if you decide to go this route. I did not use the fasteners provided with the splitters. I instead, bought a bag of Plastic Rivet Fasteners. I used a drill bit slightly smaller than the holes in the splitter. With the car a foot off the ground, I used a few card board boxes to get the splitter as close to the skirt as possible. When I was satisfied with the position of the splitter, I began drilling holes and pushing in fasteners. There are eleven holes on each side and I drilled a few more. The fasteners closer to the body seam will have to be trimmed a bit because the skirt is closer to the floor pan in that area. Since there are no install instructions, I'm sure there are many other ways to accomplish this task. I wanted to be able to pull these off as easy as they went up. They haven't moved a red one since I put them up, so I'm satisfied wtih the install. Having some help would've certainly made this install a lot easier.

Fasteners
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281888244845?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

3M Tape
http://www.ebay.com/itm/401261223885?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Users who are viewing this thread