Carbon Cleaning!

cobra04svt

Pegasus
Established Member
The other day while replacing spark plugs. I took off my air cleaner opened up the blades of the stock throttle body and stuck my finger in WOW carbon? gunk? it was dirty :dw: Please give me some suggestions to clean this sht out, my car has about 30,000 miles on it. I imagine this is eating some of my ponies ? Could this be from the gas I am using or nornmal wear and tear? I do run a k&n that I maintain regularly. Is it easier to just remove the throttle body and clean it myself? :shrug:
Thanks Frank

DontGetBit

The Dynasty has begun....
Established Member
I noticed the same type of build up when I swapped my stock tb/plenum for a ported one last weekend. I used some throttle body cleaner on the stock one and it cleaned right up, but I had it off of the car. I am not sure how safe this cleaner is for the supercharger. I am sure some will post some suggestions.

NCStanger

Established Member
I too have this buildup and was wondering which cleaner is best suited for our stock throttle body with stock supercharger on it??? I know a friend who will help me do it but wants to make sure we get the right stuff before proceeding. Guess taking it off would be best as that's what he said. Thanks....

Users who are viewing this thread