carbon ceramic pads

shelbysvt

Established Member
Are these out yet for our cars that actually fit the front and rear properly yet?

BAS

Established Member
I believe that someone has shared the pads with Hawk so they can do a run based on the shape of the brembo pads we have

Not ready yet

Snoopy49

Established Member
The last time I talked to Hawk, Aug 5th, they had a part number for the front pads but they didn't have any pads in stock.

Fordfourlife

Established Member
Anyone else notice how much brake dust the stock pads produced? My Alcoas are coated in dust after a few stops, will aftermarket pads fix that?

sftdyna

Established Member
Anyone else notice how much brake dust the stock pads produced? My Alcoas are coated in dust after a few stops, will aftermarket pads fix that?

My GS grand sport suffered from brake dust just as bad! I had done some research over at the vette forum and the pad of choice were the carbotech street pads. If they have a similar pad i will be getting those soon the PP wheel get covered in twenty minutes of local driving, it sucks cleaning them before every drive!!!

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Centric posi-quiet pads also help with brake dust and a lot of the vette guys use them also (I'm one of them have them on my 09 Z06) for street duty.

Centric parts now list a part # for the front brakes of our cars and they have had the rear pads for a while now since they are the same for S197 Mustang going back a few years.

ELECTRONIC CATALOG - LOOKUP BY APPLICATION

89Saleen215

Established Member
I run the (not correct) Hawk HPS (HB616F.xxx) pads in front with little dust. I have 3 track events on them and they still have lots left.

440sprint

Established Member
When ceramic pads first came out there was a warning that they would prematurely wear out non-ceramic rotors!

What changed that warning?

Users who are viewing this thread