CARB LEGAL COLD AIR INTAKE (2009 Shelby GT500)

wickedstangs

Established Member
looking for a new Cold Air Intake the one I have is old and purchased back in 2008..

But, living in California, I have to deal with this crap..

"*This product is NOT CARB (California Air Resource Board) Exempt. It is not for legal sale or use in the state of CA or any other states adopting CA emission standards and require a CA Executive Order (EO) number. Any orders placed for this item with a CA ship to address will be cancelled. "

I found this: Any other recommendations? or is this fine..
K&N 57-2571 Air Intake
57-2571_Eng.jpg

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
Which one do you have? They don't wear out except for the filter. If it's FRPP and has an FRPP tune and E.O. sticker I'd just get a filter and keep the intake. Any kit that doesn't require a tune (K&N) is not very effective. The only C.A.R.B. legal tune I know of is FRPP unless you buy a blower kit, then Whipple and Kenne Bell have one.

Is that a picture of your car? That looks like an FRPP throttle body. That's not legal either. Neither is the blower pulley. Or the air oil separator. Unless you find a clueless inspector.

Steve

P.S. Just noticed yours is blue.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
just keep the stock intake. and swap it back upon inspection.

JLT is the CAI that you want.

wickedstangs

Established Member
Which one do you have? They don't wear out except for the filter. If it's FRPP and has an FRPP tune and E.O. sticker I'd just get a filter and keep the intake. Any kit that doesn't require a tune (K&N) is not very effective. The only C.A.R.B. legal tune I know of is FRPP unless you buy a blower kit, then Whipple and Kenne Bell have one.

Is that a picture of your car? That looks like an FRPP throttle body. That's not legal either. Neither is the blower pulley. Or the air oil separator. Unless you find a clueless inspector.

Steve

P.S. Just noticed yours is blue.

I have JLTs 1st run carbon fiber blue, but over the years it has broken out of shape from clamping down to hard.. Needing a new one

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
JLT is good stuff, but not C.A.R.B. approved. If you passed prior smogs with your old JLT, keep going to the same guy.

Steve

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
They will.

Steve

P.S. I just looked at JLT's site. I guess they won't. Take ShelbyGT5HUN's advice in the next post.

P.P.S. I see there are several JLT dealers that make no statement about cancellation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread