Car wont stay running!

2003 Cobra Kid

Established Member
Hey guys, had an issue tonight with the cobra. It started after I got gas about 2 miles down the road from the gas station I gave it a full throttle run through 2nd and 3rd and once I let off the gas and came to a stop the car died. I tried starting it and it would turn over and run for about 2 secounds and die. I then let the car sit for about 10 minutes started it and it was fine for about 10 seconds then would idle between 500 and 1500 rpm bouncing back and forth till it died. I then started it and gave it gas and held it at 2500 rpm then its started jumping between 2000 and 3000 rpm and with my foot holding the gas steady, once I let off it died. So please guys help me out it would be much appreciated.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Sounds like the FRPS. Pull the vacuum line off and see if there is gas in it. Also smell you oil. Does it smell like gas. If so it is your FPRS.

balboky01

Established Member
Are you able to datalog it by any chance?? Sounds like it might be an IAC...mine did pretty much the same thing when it was bad?? If not did you hit the rev limiter when you did your full throttle runs???

Users who are viewing this thread