Car won't start!!

whoLEEoh

Established Member
I have a 2013 boss. Out of no where switching out a tune my car won't start. Everything lights up on the dash like a Christmas tree. All the electronics work, but doesn't start. Doesn't even make a noise like its trying to start. Took the PCM to SCT but they say that the PCM is fine. What else could it be? Or could it be the PCM. By all the lights turning on I mean everything, abs,battery,brake,traction,another traction one,security,etc. Goes in ON position but doesn't even click. Checked all the fuzes and they are all working. Any clue?

RFM50

Established Member
Have u started the car on this tune before? If not go back to stock or your prior tune and see if that helps.

slidai

Established Member
I assume there is an immobilizer system on these cars like we have at Honda. If the key is not linked with the vehicle, the lights will come on but when you try and start it, you get nothing at all. Have you used this tune before? Maybe it tripped an anti theft lock out or something.

whoLEEoh

Established Member
Ive been using the tunes for a good 2-3 months lol..I think Im going to have to take it to ford but I don't want to lol

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Turn the car back to stock using the sct tuner. Then reload your previous tune that was used when the car was running. Had this happen to be before when I was loading up a tune.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Did you get a download failure? You probably bricked the car. You'll have to call sct an have them reflash the firmware on the device and the load the stock tune file back on it.

whoLEEoh

Established Member
Did you get a download failure? You probably bricked the car. You'll have to call sct an have them reflash the firmware on the device and the load the stock tune file back on it.

I did get this and I already went to sct and they flashed my
Ecu back to stock. Ecu has stock map in it yet it still won't start. It doesn't crank or make any noise when I turn the key except
The pump priming.

ViciousJay

Established Member
It's a dying battery. Ask me how I know... Go get a new battery and test, you'll be surprised

D.T.R

Established Member
I had an issue with my tune & SCT tuner.
Apparently there was an update released on 06.11.12 which causes issues if you're trying to switch tunes... I tried to switch from my all motor tune to my nitrous tune and the upload failed, then it failed to go back to stock, then my car wouldn't start either lol... I almost went and got my truck and towed it home... but then I disconnected the battery, and it finally was able to go back to stock tune... and a day or two after that it uploaded the nitrous tune just fine...
I still haven't updated my SCT tuner to the latest version... but I'm pretty sure that's what caused the issue.

oman svt

Established Member
yesterday i experienced that but i didnt switch a tune or anything, been running a livernois mail tune for about a year now.. this might be a dead battery cause i noticed hesitation when starting the car the night before this happens

Users who are viewing this thread