car wont start

jbentley

Established Member
I left the house at 0530 and it started and ran fine. I left PT at 0730 to head home and on my way home i noticed my abs light was on. I went to leave at 12 and the car started fine but the abs light was still on, also the traction control button was stuck on the off mode. I drove it about a 3 blocks and noticed that it was running bad. I would give it some gas and it would just cut out. So i turned around and got it back to the house. As soon as i hit the drive way it DIED. I went to start it and all it did was click like the battery was dead. It also would reset all the gauges as if i disconnected the battery and reconnected it. I checked the terminals and they are nice and tight. It has a optima battery in the car so i don't think that could be it. My next guess is the alternator but i don't know. I guess i need some of your opinions so i can get it back on the road.

jbentley

Established Member
oh forgot to mention radio just stopped working to. I looked around on this site and on the web and my guess in the alternator but i would like to get some advice first so i don't replace something that don't need it.

Konaboss302

Funtime!!!
Established Member
Alternator, 100%, thats exactly what happened when mine went... I bet if you wait 10 minutes or so it'll start again, but die as it drains the battery...

2003cobraguy

Established Member
+1 alternator

the ford alternators are just pieces of you know what.

im guessing your right at 50-60k miles.

BlownShelby10

Established Member
Yeah ABS light mine did that, but mine was just a sensor and fixed that problem, but it never died or wouldnt start...Im guessing alternator is bad!

jbentley

Established Member
just started taking it off but don't have the tools at my house. I have to wait for my roommate to get home and take me to go buy MORE tools lol. Should i get the battery charged while im waiting on a alternate

Users who are viewing this thread