car wont start!

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
i ned help! my cobra had trouble starting one morning and then the next morning it was dead completly. not even interior lights. (new battery last year) so my g/f comes with jumper cables and the lights come back on and it "tries" to start for like 2-3 seconds then quits. after about 3 tries in a row it wont turn over.....wait 10 min then it repeats(tries for a few sec then nothing at all) then i tke the cables off and the whole car is dead again...the starter is fine u can hear it working. my buddy said its prolly the Alternator....meaning it prolly died on me while i was driving and i didnt know it and the car was running on the battery then just used up all the juice. the + connection at some blue dust like stuff around it so i disconnected the battery last nite(6pm) and cleaned them both off and its been sitting unhooked since... so can u guys tell me what the Hell is going on?! its driving me crazy since i donno what even look it to try to fix it. so far i think its the batt and alt. what do u guys think? PLEASE HELP!:nonono:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Put you gf's battery in and see if the car starts & runs. If it does see if it charging. Also clean the ground from the battery going to the engine.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
well i would but shes outta town but i cleaned the grounds up...im gonna see if it need charging(sounds like it does) but would the Alt. help prevent it from starting??!?!?!?!?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
If the alt. did die it would completely kill the battery if you ran it enough. Charge the battery and see it the car runs and charges.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
it was the battery! it was leaking! so i got it replaced under full 7 year warranty, but the alt. is still bad and will be replaced! ASAP! thanx guys!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Now would be a good time to upgrade to an Optima yellow top! :D

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
i got duralast red top...got a 7 year warrent on it :) but i need a Stock low miles Alternator if anyone wants to sell me one!(low miles please and MUST work good!) anyone? please PM me...cash in hand!

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
well i dont wanna spend top dollar on one either.....i just got layed off best buy 3 days ago and i'm going to school starting tomorrow so funds are scares and i just need a cheap replacement 4 now... anyone got a good condition Alternator they wanna sell?

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Hahaha shit you worked at Best Buy? I just quit/got fired last month.

Cobrakid2006

We Are VENOM
Established Member
ya i worked at the Warehouse. but i dont need an alt. now. got it tested and its still working great. it was just the battery. but thanx for your help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread