car wont start???

97gt-svt

Established Member
Well I was driving my car home the other night and the fuel line by the intake blew appart, and before I realized what happened it was out of gas. So my friend towed me home, I pushed the fuel line back together filled the car with gas and now all it does is crank doesnt fire or even try to fire??? I will test for spark tomorrow but just wondering if anyone had any more suggestions???

KotnmthKng

Established Member
Did you try priming the fuel lines? Turn the key to on and listen for the pump to turn on, wait about 3-4 seconds, then back to off. Do that like 5 times.

Iceman12

Established Member
make sure not to do it to fast though. My cousin worked at a Ford dealer and said on some cars turning the key form off to on 4 times in a row fast is how they clear the code for the key fob. No clue if that can happen on our cars, but I like my keyless entry, so no use in testing the theory.

97gt-svt

Established Member
the inertia switch??? Where is this located and what is its purpous, sorry if this is an obvous thing but I have never heard of it. thanks

1stCobra

"Get Furious"
Established Member
Red Devil said:
It's a reset button by the rear driver's side taillight. Pull the trunk lining out of the way and you'll see it

+1.... Sounds to me thats what ya need to do.. best of luck getting it started..

97gt-svt

Established Member
Well I was told the inertia switch shuts off the fuel pump, I can hear my fuel pump working. But I just tested for spark and there is nothing, So any ideas why there would be no spark.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
You could have fouled up the plugs... pull the plugs out and smell them, if they smell like gasoline, you probably fouled them... if you did, either buy new plugs or take a small torch and burn the gasoline completely off the plug.

97gt-svt

Established Member
I dont think it the plugs, I unhooked a plug wire and use a spark tester while i cranked the car over and nothing. So i am stumped???

97gt-svt

Established Member
Sorry it took so long to write back but stuff came up that couldnt be helped, but the wires are ok. How do I cheak the coil packs??

Users who are viewing this thread