car will be back this week...

4camwonder

Established Member
a few of you might remember i though i broke a shift fork about 4 months ago, and havnt been on mish since it happend... but i finally ordered the stuff to fix it.

it had all the semptoms of a 3-4 shift fork... but it wasnt, it was a small pin that hold the shift forks in place on the rod. the guy that is rebuilding my trans, and had rebuilt more than i care to count, said hes never seen that happen before.

but since i had orderd the Hanlon motorpsorts refresh kit, and upgraded 1-2 and 3-4 shift forks,(and man are they bigger) i went ahead and had him rebuild it. also even though i just replaced the clutch about 2500 miles ago with a spec stage 1, i went ahead and upgraded to a stage 3, and had him put that in also, along with some new redline D4.

should have the car back this week, ill keep everyone posted.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
the clutch was completely pointless unless you are spraying.... and even then it really was pointelss.

Paul

4camwonder

Established Member
grandestang said:
the clutch was completely pointless unless you are spraying.... and even then it really was pointelss.

Paul

with 4.88's and 31 spline axles, drag radials and trying to go 11's with a stock engine and stock style suspension, it was much needed.

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
MMMK....... what tranny are you running? Stock T45?? That will let go much before the Spec Stage II will. I firmly believe a Stage II will handle anything N/A you can throw at it now matter what gear ratio you are running.

Paul

4camwonder

Established Member
4camwonder said:
but since i had orderd the Hanlon motorpsorts refresh kit, and upgraded 1-2 and 3-4 shift forks,(and man are they bigger)

humm... thats wouldnt be stock parts now would it?

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
The Stage I clutch can handle 420+ lb/ft of torque. The stage 3 can handle 695 lb/ft. To say reclutching your car to a stage 3 is overkill would be an understatement. Your tranny refresh kit and upgraded shift forks do not bring the tranny to a 420+ torque rating (not even close) so as said before it will let go before your stage I ever would have.

Plus you won't be making 420+ lb/ft of torque on a stock engine.

Just my .02 though, I would have spent money in other areas but obviously this was an important area to you... I'll stop being an ass about it :beer:

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread