Car weight

stronghimiler

Established Member
I looked on the inside of my driver door, and it gave me a weight of 4400 lbs. I know that's WITH the passengers, but exactly how many? Four? Five? I got a G-Tech Pro performance meter!!! In order to calculate horsepower, I need the exact weight of the car with me in it. It measures horsepower, 0-60 and 60-0 times, 1/4 and trap speed, lateral G's and cornering G's. It does it all with an accelerometer. Cool Huh? I got it free for buying BF Goodrich Comp T/A's. Anyway, let me know if you can.:-?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
If you've got a '96-'98 Cobra, figure about 3,500 lbs., dry weight. Then add your own weight plus about 100lbs for gas/oil...

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Mine weighs.....

I've always heard everyone say that Cobra's should way around 3600 lbs. Last time I went to the track I weighed my Cobra. With a 1/8th tank of gas and all of my mods I weighed in at 3350. I didn't believe it so I asked one of the other guys there to way his GT. His GT weighed in at 3200, he had 1/2 tank of gas. So what's the deal with mine:dw: :-?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Hey Booyah.

If you add in your weight it should be about 3600. One thing to remember is that the 98's were a bit lighter. They didn't have a strut tower brace or the extra lines for the fuel return lines to name a few small differences. On average the 96-98 Cobras usually come in about 3600 with driver. Providing they are average size, not NFL linemen.

My car tipped the scales at Darlington & Rockingham at 3870 with driver (205 lbs) and half a tank of gas. I have added quite a bit of weight and removed none. I think I'll work on weight before I shot for more power.

MercMan

My 98 Cobra weighed in at 3500 lbs w/ my 200 lb body & 3/4 tank of gas at Reading in the spring. It has cloth interior. It's runs 13.80's @ 103 on stock tires(spinning)at Atco. White w/blk cloth,B&M Ripper, K&N, alum. driveshaft, Amsoil,Accell coils and Motorsport wires. 22,000 miles. Love this car!!

scjmach1

Established Member
My 98 Cobra weighed in at 3250 lbs with about half a tank of gas and no driver. The car was completely stock at the time. A friend had a 97 Cobra convertible that weighed in at 3380 lbs with about half a tank of gas and no driver.

Users who are viewing this thread