Car Wax

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
What are you guys using?

I've finally broke down and ordered the Zaino kit ($130), apparrently their Z2 and Z5 formulas have been changed and are now called Z2 and Z5 "pro"

I saw a F250 last week waxed with Zaino pro and it was seriously one of the shiniest, smoothest wax jobs I've ever seen in my life.
Factory paint with an unbelieveable shine.

I'm curious how long it lasts.
www.zainostore.com

Has anyone used Meczerna FMJ? It's supposed to be pretty good stuff too.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I use tropi-care....

Zainos is a great show polish, it takes some serious time to prep and apply. Plan on spending the better part of an entire weekend to get 3 or 4 coats on your car. lasts about 3 months...

Tom

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
Tom's_03SVT said:
I use tropi-care....

Zainos is a great show polish, it takes some serious time to prep and apply. Plan on spending the better part of an entire weekend to get 3 or 4 coats on your car. lasts about 3 months...

Tom
The new zaino apparrently goes on easy and dries quick so you can reapply immediately.

The paint is pretty virgin, but I'm going to use a clay bar anyway.

Does tropicare sheet instead of bead?

sunburst six

Established Member
Let's see...I use a variety of waxes, depending on my mood. All serve their purpose, and ROCK. For a good paste wax, I use Meguiar's #16 & Natty's Blue. For a good liquid wax, I use DuraGloss AquaWax & Optimum Car Wax. For a good sealant, I use EX-P.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
I've tried quite a few. Nxt, Meguires #26, and Zaino are all pretty good. I'm currently using zaino on a black car, and it does look slick. The only tricky part is the application of zaino. Most people put it on way too thick. When you are applying it, it hardly hazes at all. So naturally, you are tempted to put it on heavier, which causes problems. It's more of a faith based application. If you think you got it on, it's on, and probably too much. If you know you got it on, you overdid it.
I just got the new Z5 pro in, and I like it. Nothing I've ever used comes off easier than Zaino.

Kman

Established Member
I use Meguiar's Deep Crystal Polish followed up with Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. I have had great results.

Scott P

Established Member
I've had Menzerna FMJ on my black Grand Prix for about two weeks now. It was pretty easy to use, has a very slick feeling and looks nice. But I don't know durability yet and at $40 a bottle, the price is a bit steep. I didn't like the Finishing Touch Glaze at all and found it hard to remove. Final Polish II is excellent and Intensive Polish worked pretty well too.

Jim Ferraro

New SVT Poster
Established Member
Scott P said:
I've had Menzerna FMJ on my black Grand Prix for about two weeks now. It was pretty easy to use, has a very slick feeling and looks nice. But I don't know durability yet and at $40 a bottle, the price is a bit steep. I didn't like the Finishing Touch Glaze at all and found it hard to remove. Final Polish II is excellent and Intensive Polish worked pretty well too.

Scott,

I just got the new Zaino Pro kit...supposedly much better with moe shine/easier application than the old zaino.

I'll let you know how it works/holds up.

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Menzerna is a good product line. Durablity of the FMJ is rated at 180 - 270 days, so pretty good endurance.

I agree with Scott, I found the glaze a bit harder to remove than other glazes.

The shine is highly reflective (almost mirror like) on dark vehicles, when the car is prepped correctly with polishes and a good glaze. The shine might turn off some people who are after a less reflective (and wetter looking) shine....but overall the Menzerna line seems to be pretty good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread