Car was flashed with tune when I bought it???

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
I just purchased my termy a few weeks ago, it has full exhaust and a 2.76" upper pulley are the only mods. The guy said it was tuned for this but there is no chip on the PCM so I assume it was flashed. My question is if I buy a new SCT flasher can I reflash the car and return it to stock with it already being married to another flasher? :shrug:

silverserpant

Established Member
I think you will need to get a "stock/recovery" tune from whoever you buy your handheld from or contact SCT and they will give you a stock flash to reset you pcm.

silverserpant

Established Member
No way to tell other than with a handheld. If you know someone with a sct handheld you can check the processor I.D. Code.

Other ways to check is 03's usually have the shift light turned off and most tunes have traction control turned off all the time.

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Meaning the upshift indicator in the dash? Mine does not have that... but the TCS is always on unless I turn it off. Thanks for the info.

steveowit3os

Established Member
there is no stock shift light in the 04's only 03's had them for some bullshit about gas guzzler tax

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
on an '03, in 1st gear you should see the shift indicator after ~13mph and it should stay on for 15-30 seconds before it gives up and turns off.

Users who are viewing this thread