Car Tuned for 2.76" will 3.4" hurt it??

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
I know it sounds a bit backwards but I bought my car with a supposed "tune" for the 2.76 pulley but it does not feel right and I don't trust it. I have a 3.4 that I want to put on the car until I can get it to HBH for a known good tune, is there anything bad about doing this? I want to drive the car as is until its professionally tuned.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Why not just leave the 2.76 upper on and stay out of boost? It'll be fine like that until you get a tune.

If you went to the 3.4" upper, you'd most likely be pig rich...too rich...washing the cylinder walls rich (potentially anyway). You're better off with the 2.76 upper and limp
it around town. Just keep it below 3,500 rpm or so and you'll be good.

monX

Established Member
Why not just leave the 2.76 upper on and stay out of boost? It'll be fine like that until you get a tune.

If you went to the 3.4" upper, you'd most likely be pig rich...too rich...washing the cylinder walls rich (potentially anyway). You're better off with the 2.76 upper and limp

^ What he said.

Ontariomystic

Established Member

The car will be fine with the 3.4 pulley. The car will only be rich under WOT and even then if the MAF table is close to dialed in then the car will adjust the fuel to the set A/F ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread