car trouble,please help!

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
Well first my check engine light came on and I called the ford dealership and they said it probably wasn't anything at all.to wait a few days.Well that same night it went off.Well now its back on and the car takes a little a little longer to crank up even if its warmed up.Any advice or suggestions.It only has 40,000 miles on it.My buddy seems to think it might be the spark plugs.

S

SVTHottie102

Ya know my b/f's (SweetSVT99) has the exact same problem and I don't think he knows whats wrong with it either...:smmon:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I doubt the spark plugs are going to throw a code. The problem is intermittent hence the light going on and off. As far as I know the EEC-V will not store the code as the EEC-IV would. I would check all your underhood connections make sure everything is plugged nice & tight.......Maybe its an o2 maybe starting to go.

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
It was the o2 sensor.Oh and another thing I've always had a problem with the temp gauge going up when stuck in traffic,and sit too long.Told them about that also,come to find out the water pumps cracked.Its covered under warranty though so thats getting fixed also.Wish I knew more about fixing cars I would of put the o2 in myself.($320)Damn I'm an idiot!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah O2s are pretty easy.....shouldn't take very long.....

Hugo

WHOA! You're lucky that you didn't cause any damage! Lotz of Contours blow their engines cause of that stupid plastic impellar water pump! I'm glad they're taking care of it!!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread