Car Transport Companies

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Has anybody had any good experiences with any auto transport companies? Im coming home from deployment in 2 weeks and looking for a company to ship my car from Texas to Washington. Im not looking to put 3,000 miles on my brand new car. So if anybody has anyone they have used before or any suggestions that would be great. We will be taking my wifes SUV (GMC Terrain 4 cylinder) So renting a trailer is out of the question. I would love for the car to be shipped via an enclosed trailer, but Reliable quoted $1,900 and I just cant justify spending that much.

Turbosixx

Established Member
I've shipped cars using U Ship, let drivers bid on the load. Last one was from Chicago to New Orleans for $700 open trailer.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
What about renting a truck & trailer? My friend had a notch back shipped from California to Pa. They messed up the front bumper and then argued with him about fixing it. They also could hardly speak english. I think get what u pay for. Not like u have a $5000 beater. Id pay the $$$$ or do it yourself.

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
What about renting a truck & trailer? My friend had a notch back shipped from California to Pa. They messed up the front bumper and then argued with him about fixing it. They also could hardly speak english. I think get what u pay for. Not like u have a $5000 beater. Id pay the $$$$ or do it yourself.

I will be traveling to Washington with my wife and our 5 month old in her SUV. So not only would I have to rent a truck and trailer, Id have to pay someone to drive it and then pay to fly them back.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I've never had to ship a car, but I always hear good things about Reliable.

While I agree to an extent in letting companies bid the cost, this in my opinion can open up some problems. If this is a car you really dearly care about, going with the lowest bidder may put you in a position where you get "lowest bidder treatment." Over my years here on SVTP, there's been more than a handful of threads where transport companies screwed the pooch on jobs.

Either from people abusing rides, or for F-Ups on the road or unloading/loading.

You may also want to consider checking out the BBB listings for companies you're interested in.

Me personally, my toys are important enough to me that I'll spend the time to move them myself.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I will be traveling to Washington with my wife and our 5 month old in her SUV. So not only would I have to rent a truck and trailer, Id have to pay someone to drive it and then pay to fly them back.

Why not drive separate? I know its not ideal. Save u cash and knowing your car is safe

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Why not drive separate? I know its not ideal. Save u cash and knowing your car is safe

We can get more driving done by switching off while the other one sleeps if we take just one vehicle rather than having both on the road. Also like I mentioned Im not too interested in racking up the first 3,000 miles on my brand new car in 5 days. I bought the car to drive dont get me wrong, but not to make cross country road trips. But I do appreciate your suggestions as we are considering all possible options

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
We can get more driving done by switching off while the other one sleeps if we take just one vehicle rather than having both on the road. Also like I mentioned Im not too interested in racking up the first 3,000 miles on my brand new car in 5 days. I bought the car to drive dont get me wrong, but not to make cross country road trips. But I do appreciate your suggestions as we are considering all possible options

Im sorry I ment with the rental truck/trailer

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Buddy of mine used Reliable with no issues.

I have several times looked into transporting in an enclosed trailer ONLY for SVTP members but it just isn't cost effective.
That way members would be getting someone who knows these cars and will care for it like his own and you could feel like you know who has it.

Just not enough out there to get back hauls and dead heading all the way back brings the price way up.

Nasty03Cobra

Established Member
Buddy of mine used Reliable with no issues.

I have several times looked into transporting in an enclosed trailer ONLY for SVTP members but it just isn't cost effective.
That way members would be getting someone who knows these cars and will care for it like his own and you could feel like you know who has it.

Just not enough out there to get back hauls and dead heading all the way back brings the price way up.

Yea that would be great if we had something like that. And your right, thats really what Im looking for here is piece of mind that whoever does ship the car is going to take care of it. Id be just sick if something happened to it. It by no means would be the end of the world, I just dont want to deal with the hassle of getting it fixed and a rent car and all that nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread