Car stumbling

BackInBlack

Established Member
Car was idling a little funny at first then started to fall off line whenever I came to a stop. Every stop sign I have to start my car. Car doesn't seem to have any problems while I am driving but as soon as I start to slow down the car idle drops to about 500 rpms goes back up to about 900rpms and then falls completley off line. I just got my pluggs replaced today and nothing, still does the same thing. Please guys little help.

justa03

UVBNBIT
Established Member
PCV is a one way check valve should only let air pass in one direction. As for oil in the intake if I remember right that is common on these cars, when I first got mine I found some in there and havent had any since. Theres a filtration system you can purchase of make, theres a couple of threads on it. Definately check your IAC and maybe try cleaning it, that and your MAF, and since your finding a lil bit of oil in the intake check your TB and see if it looks like anything is in it and clean it out with some intake cleaner/carb cleaner.

BackInBlack said:
I found some oil in the intake. How do you know if the PCV is bad.

The PCV has to be replaced when you shake it and you don't hear the clicking inside. The it means its stuck.

It isn't uncommon to find some oil inside the rubber intake when you run the stock configuration. There are two camps that have tackled this issue all claiming success.

You have the breather crowd (BOO!) and the JLT prefilter + air check valve crowd (YAY!).

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
A bad IAC can do just this same thing. The IAC not only controls your idle speed but is resposible for acting as a dashpot and keeping the throttle from closing abruptly when you let off the pedal. In the old carb days there was a little dashpot connected to the throttle actuator to slow the throttle closing speed down essentially doing the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread