Car struggles on startup when cold

Arod5327

Established Member
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 03 cobra 10th anniversary with some simple mods such as a bassani x pipe, borla stingers, JLT CAI, gt fuel pumps, and a kb bap. The car also has the egr delete but no tune. However the previous owner mentioned that at one point he ran e85 in the car.. Now I have replaced the starter, alternator, tps sensor, IAC valve, and maf sensor. Now my problem is when the car sits over night it is hard to start in the morning and at times i have to give it two tries before it turns on. But when it does turn on it idles really rough for about 15 to 30 seconds and when I give it gas it spudders really bad. Now once the car is warmed up it starts perfectly fine without skipping a beat. I had the fuel pumps checked and they were reading fine. Could anyone help me out here im losing my mind.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
This is sometimes a common problem if the previous owner did a pprv delete. The way you can check if that is the problem is to cycle the key to on and when you hear the fuel pumps prime wait a couple seconds and turn it off. Do this 4 or 5 times. If this fixes it then you know it was because of the pprv delete. What happens is the pprv delete allows the fuel to flow back into the tank and so the lines bleed out and there is no fuel there when you try to start it. This may not be your problem but it is something to check.

Arod5327

Established Member
This is sometimes a common problem if the previous owner did a pprv delete. The way you can check if that is the problem is to cycle the key to on and when you hear the fuel pumps prime wait a couple seconds and turn it off. Do this 4 or 5 times. If this fixes it then you know it was because of the pprv delete. What happens is the pprv delete allows the fuel to flow back into the tank and so the lines bleed out and there is no fuel there when you try to start it. This may not be your problem but it is something to check.

I did what you said and let it prime for a bit and it does start perfect now! I think that's what the problem is

Users who are viewing this thread