Car stolen, people suck

SteveChris

Established Member
Someone decided to inflict their inability to go through life without screwing other people over onto me. I parked my car wed night, didnt go back to it till this morning and it's gone.
Is Geico good with paying out??
Anything i should watch out for? i never had a car stolen before
I had a 2006 Acura rsx type s, 32000 miles, great cond other then a fender dent and some scratches

NXSVTCOBRA

make sure you dig up maintenance records that can verify current mileage, also find receipts for anything aftermarket you've done to the car.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
That sucks dude, hopefully the scum bags get caught. GL with the insurance company too.

Dane

Established Member
That sucks to hear, I think the insurance company waits a certain number of days to see if the car is recovered before they do anything. Good luck, hopefully people that steal gets what coming to them.

SteveChris

Established Member
I was about to say this as well. Where was it parked?

the spot was good, it was just down the block. nyc has a number to call for odd things like this, 311.
i called and you enter your plate # into an automated system, tells you if the cops or etc towed it to the yard. they film alot of movies around me and if youre parked there they will move the car. but they just tow it to the nearest spot they find, i rode around with the cops searching for it..nothing

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I've always wondered.... But if they do recover your car, can you decline it and take the money instead? Because what if they beat the shit out of it and its not in the same condition it was before they took it... How does that work? :shrug:

OP, sorry to hear. Good luck!

Quik Z06

Established Member
I dont think you can decline taking it back. I had a car stolen from me about 10 years back or so and they said they would wait (I dont remember the amount of days) to see if it was recovered. Well later that night they said they found it, they stripped my stereo and rims and burned it. I made out ok though since I had receipts for everything and got close to $7K just for my rims and stereo.

I also had a friends dads truck get stolen from their ranch. They found the truck a few days later and out of gas. They got the truck back and started haing a bunch of tranny issues with it, dont know if it was related or not, but kinda sucked for them.

SteveChris

Established Member
well they found it abandoned on the street, all the windows were smashed, lights stripped, not sure what else.

i'm hoping they total it, if the glass was all smashed and it rained all day sunday it might have water damage. I don't want it back after animals had it..god knows what they did.

and to hijack my own thread, please pray for my friend justin. i found out today he and his wife were in a bad accident on the garden state parkway, some guy "lost control" of his car and went over the median..hit them head-on.
his wife died at the scene and he is in critical.

theyre young, 28, just got married and closed on a house this past friday.
life is never fair

Common

Established Member
well they found it abandoned on the street, all the windows were smashed, lights stripped, not sure what else.

i'm hoping they total it, if the glass was all smashed and it rained all day sunday it might have water damage. I don't want it back after animals had it..god knows what they did.

and to hijack my own thread, please pray for my friend justin. i found out today he and his wife were in a bad accident on the garden state parkway, some guy "lost control" of his car and went over the median..hit them head-on.

life is never fair

It happened somewhat close to my house. I heard about it yesterday, my condolences to your friend!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
"in New York the streets will make you feel brand new,big lights will inspire you, lets her it for New York"....

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

life is never fair

That is horrible! :(:(:( I hope your friend recovers.

Users who are viewing this thread