Car stalled for the first time.

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
Had my car stall this morning. I figured it was because it was cold but it did it on the highway too, when I was slowing down, after it warmed up. I have never had the stall problem before. I installed my catback this past weekend and now it is stalling. Has anyone found a cause for this. :shrug:
Another question: When I dynoed my car before the catback it was running really rich. Would the catback cause it to run more rich than before? :dw:
Thanks for the info. :beer:

docs03

Established Member
What code do you have for the computer? There is a sticker on the passenger side door. It's probably YDH1

doc

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I have about 900 miles on my cobra now and I have stalled once....hopefully it was just a freak occurance. But hearing everyone's stories here, im getting very nervous.

03DOHC

Established Member
Mine stalled when it was still new, but after about 1300 miles it no longer stalls.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Mine stalled when it was still new, but after about 1300 miles it no longer stalls.

3 Stalls in 174 miles......stock as the day it rolled off the line. (second run car):beer:

ChrisFLL

Established Member
Your best bet is to get a look and see if you are getting a diagnostic trouble code (dtc) code. You can look at this by holding down the trip computer reset button in your instrument panel... better yet, go here: http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/dtcodes.htm If you're getting a dtc code it can help confirm a running rich condition exists.

Chances are the x-pipe install is causing some "confusion" in your powertrain control module (PCM). If you are not getting a code or you already know what it is, go ahead and disconnect the battery to reset the PCM. Let the car sit for 30 minutes then reconnect it. (Your dtc codes will be erased.)

Drive the car like you normally would. It likely will stall out a few more times, but it may stall with less frequency as time goes on (about 8-10 drives). I am told this is because the car is "remapping" itself to my driving inputs.

I had a stalling condition from day one and finally had to have the PCM reprogrammed with the latest calibration settings by the dealer. It helped quite a bit but I am still trying to determine if the condition is completely gone.

If the reset does not work, you may have to take it in for a reprogram/reflash.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread