Car Sputtering!!! Need help.

Johnny04

Established Member
Ok guys need your help, just installed my 2.9 whipple, 3.25 upper and 10% lower, ID 1000 injectors, BPS fuel rails,ford gt pumps, 127 CAI, 65 CJ throttle body. Had it dynoed on a mustang dyno and made 669.8 rwhp-631.5 rwtq. Problem is now every time i take off, car seems to sputter for a fraction of a second in every gear. Can't figure out what it can be. Even at WOT, when i change gear.. sputter. What can be the problem. Had race fuel in tank on dyno and im not missing fuel. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!!

Johnny04

Established Member
Tune was done from my mechanic, would a tune help fix that, and yes i will be data logging the car next week.

Last edited:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Good chance it is the tune, but also check all connections from the filter through the throttle body as well as along the backside over to the EGR valve. Make sure all connections are tight so air isn't bypassing the MAF sensor. Another issue I've seen is the tune is for the wrong size intake.

TVS VERT

Established Member
What's in it for plugs? I was running tr7ix's and car ran amazing, was recommended to switch to normal tr6's and car ran exactly how your describing yours is, switched back tr7ix's car ran amazing again .

Johnny04

Established Member
I'm datalogging it next week and also changing the spark plugs. What's a good gap for the plugs. Will also get a new tune and hopefully it makes a difference...Will let you know

nxhappy

Established Member
you need to see if you have any check engine codes

could be anything at this point

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Tune was done from my mechanic, would a tune help fix that, and yes i will be data logging the car next week.

A tune is what is supposed to fix all of that, so yeah...take it back and let him go for a ride, then re-tune. Something is off, and it happened after the changes. Also don't CEL lights come up? I had TORQUE for my Android when I had my Challenger and would scan for knocks\every CEL and tell you the code\errors, I left the 30$ adapter in my Challenger but TorquePRO if you own an Android and have the BT OBDII adapter is a life-saver IMO, it tells you SO much, just have not ordered a replacement BT OBDII plugin for TorquePRO on the Shelby. Even detects knocks\etc, fully uses whatever sensors you have in that motor. On My Challenger it had all the features the SRT did (oil pressure\temp, iaf\etc) but I dunno how well they work on the Shelby, I would assume it would gather a LOT of information still. TorquePRO is an amazing app and the 30-40$ Bluetooth OBDII tool is totally worth it. You can check pretty much everything.

Last edited:

Johnny04

Established Member
The only code that i got was a frps, which i changed, cancelled the code and everything was ok. So everyone sugests its tune related, so will be getting the car retuned after the datalogging.

Users who are viewing this thread