Car slow for mods, low trap speed?

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Hey guys,

So I finally installed a 2.76 pulley and bama tune and aux idlers and new plugs. I already had a k&n fipk slp catless x-pipe and catback and a mcleod rxt clutch. So I took it to track this wknd to make a couple passes, I dont think I did so well. Im on east coast and was at cecil county dragway in md. weather was in low 60s not sure on DA.

Anyway I was there with my dad he was running the GN and since I had some almost month old gas I threw a gallon of unleaded 103 we got for gn in the cobra.

And im on bald 285 kumho spt tires not drag radials by far.

Also car has 46k miles

First pass was on bama 92 octane tune with stock belt.
Launched easy
60' 2.019
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

Last time at cecil with same exhaust and intake but stock pulley I went 12.5@115 that was a couple yrs ago.

So I went a tenth faster but slower mph....? Guessing my belt was slipping but was watching boost gauge seemed fine to me and car was running good.

So I switched to a gates fleetrunner belt. The all green one. And loaded 93 tune ran again. And launched harder.
60' 1.877
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]

So after pulley and tune I only picked up a little over 1mph in trap speed? Driving car on street it definitely feels stronger....?
Im kind of disappointed. Figured it would of traped alittle higher than that. I was hoping to go close to 120. I knew my et wasn't going to be great on street tires but the second run I think I pulled a pretty decent 60.

You guys have any ideas? Im gonna do a compression test this week or wknd. Pulley has only been on car for like two weeks. Thanks for any advice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

ajt9229

Established Member
you need a set of tires! your 60' should of been in the 1.6 range with a good set of tires That should be a 11.6/11.7 car if you get your 60' down. you can see my time and mph but I'm running a 4:10 gear.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I hope its the tune being tame. And yeah I definitely need some tires lol thats next on the list.
I'm gonna give bama a call tmw and see what they say. Possibly get a retune after a datalog or a dyno pull...?

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Yeah i would get a custom tune. I got dyno tuned a week ago and from the first tune to the final tune i gained 25rwhp.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I talked with bama and will be sending them a datalog of car maybe they can make some adjustments possibly? They were helpful on the phone so far.

Users who are viewing this thread