car shows with driving events NOT eastern USA

avro206

Established Member
Anyone know of any car shows that also have drags and/or road course? I am in Alberta, that's western Canada---straight north of Montana. Always wanted to go to a show in the USA but I can't drive all that way to sit in a parking lot! I need some fun racing.

Anyone have any suggestions? I found Mid American mustang meet in Tulsa, OK. That''s still 2800 miles one way.

thanks

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
http://mustangsnorthwest.com/

Its in Bellevue, Washington.

Its a yearly event called Mustang Roundup on July 16th-19th. Its a 4 day event starting with a full day (9 A.M to 4-5 P.M.) road course on Thursday, a massive cruise on Friday, and followed by two days of car shows. There's a judged show on Saturday (think full on concourse nitpicky show) and a regular People's Choice on Sunday.

The track day at Pacific Raceways brings around 50-60 cars in 3 to 4 run groups (separated by driver experience) so theres very little traffic to worry about. On the flipside, its a very challenging track with walls and cliffs to watch out for :pepper:

The cruise day always starts in Bellevue and the final destination is different every year. Plan 2-3 hours for the cruise one-way.

The judged show, as it always seems like, is for those people who spend 20k on a full frame-off paint job or spend 1000 hours restoring and cleaning their cars. A bug in the radiator fins can knock points off of your score.

The people's choice is your typical car show except its HUGE. On high-attendance years I've heard they attract over a thousand cars. As such, the awards ceremonies last multiple hours. Be prepared to grab a chair and cooler if you are aiming for a trophy.

Anyway, thats the only one that I know of thats closer than Oklahoma :beer:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is something in Edmonton. Racing Adventures Driving School. Seems you can get your car out on track for $300 a day, which isnt bad at all.
http://racingadventures.com/shannonville.html

Another option is to head to your local speed shop and ask around for events. Lots of times they will have a bulletin board or pamphlets with all the information you need.

Users who are viewing this thread