Car showing its age

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
My mustang not only leaked but fully drained out coolant after parking it on my way into the gym. So had it towed in

And was told the dealers have to tear it apart to see the specific issue

I believe its the intake and gaskets need to be replaced.

Now the dilema is

Shall I purchase a high end intake manifold?

Or purchase a ford racing or oem intake manifold with gaskets?

I plan to go KB power adder in the future so I would think buying a high priced intake manifold is not necessary correct??

thanks

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
o and since I am under the hood...

intake manifold

radiator

ram-air intake

are the three buys" I should be focusing on huh?? any other inputs/suggestions?

bobby_0081

Established Member
I had my intake break where the heater hose connected to the rear of the manifold. I ended up going with a Bullitt intake and couldn't be happier. $750 for the parts and did the swap myself. I bought the SVEW radiator from LRS and love it, great radiator, all aluminum and fit really well for an awesome price. I have no idea about the other intakes such as the Trick Flow and Professional Products maybe someone else can chime in if they do.

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
Water did the part of finding the specific area.

Left intake gasket area near thermo...may need plenum too

Which sucks but won't be adding a KB system for awhile so i guess I will have to waist money on a plenum for now

WWhere did you get your bullitt intake?? I was thinking of going ford racing intake manifold.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Just get a stock replacement intake off of some guy selling theirs and make sure you get the aluminum crossover pipe. Get new gaskets too and replace your radiator hoses. Is your radiator actually leaking? If so, I'd try to find an 03/04 cobra radiator and swap that in. Much better than the stock 2v one and you can use it with the kenne bell and see some added benefits.

bobby_0081

Established Member
Water did the part of finding the specific area.

Left intake gasket area near thermo...may need plenum too

Which sucks but won't be adding a KB system for awhile so i guess I will have to waist money on a plenum for now

WWhere did you get your bullitt intake?? I was thinking of going ford racing intake manifold.

I got my Bullitt intake from MPS Auto Salvage in Statham, GA. If you are going to buy a Kenne Bell then just go back with a stock replacement from Ford Racing or from someone selling theirs on Craigslist.

spike_africa

Established Member
Seems to be a few of them are starting to fail. My buddies unmaintained 03 GT just popped his intake a few weeks ago. Unless your building that bottom end to rev high and make a lot of power a intake manifold is a waste of money. Get a stock replacement. If the radiator is actually leaking then sure upgrade to something. I would not suggest the Misuimoto one on American Muscle it sucks and leaks.

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
Seems to be a few of them are starting to fail. My buddies unmaintained 03 GT just popped his intake a few weeks ago. Unless your building that bottom end to rev high and make a lot of power a intake manifold is a waste of money. Get a stock replacement. If the radiator is actually leaking then sure upgrade to something. I would not suggest the Misuimoto one on American Muscle it sucks and leaks.

That is he radiator I was looking into...what do you suggest spike!!?

Thank you members

Posted via Topify on Android

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I have heard mixed reviews on mishimoto. My friend put one on his 98 cobra and it seemed to work just fine. He didn't have it long before he sold it though. Fluidyne has a good reputation i think.

bobby_0081

Established Member
I bought the SVE aluminum from Later Model Resto and I am very happy with it and it was also cheaper than the Mishimoto and fit very well.

Users who are viewing this thread