Car show advice?

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
Some very good advise here. Been participating in car shows regularly for over 10 years now and still love it. I don't care how nice (and expensive) your ride is you will NOT always win an award. As some have indicated..if you are the kind that just has to win at everything..DON"T go to car shows! You will be miserable. But, if you like making new friends with people who, for the most part, enjoy the same things as you..it will be very enjoyable..and even addictive. :beer:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I am hosting one for my church's youth group. One lady said I believe we can get 65 cars in this one area here. I said NO. More like 30 to 35. People have to be able to walk around and look without touching the cars. She did not understand. DUH! True blonde.

That must be a big kitchen

46-062

Established Member
I never understood the attraction winning local car shows. Ooooh, I won People's Choice! Great, a bunch of people who know nothing about cars and have highly questionable taste picked me! They, love my car. They really, really love my car!

Even most of the winners picked by "judges" are hilarious. I've seen many Best of Show winners with swirled out paint and other defects that would be embarrassing on a daily driver.

Winning a show judged by experts is one thing. Being judged by your peers is great. Getting an award from the unwashed masses - that's special.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Car shows are very political if hosted by car clubs.

I attend shows for the fun of it. I take chairs, and fill a cooler with food/beverages.

Users who are viewing this thread